Friday, February 28, 2020

“Trust in Me”

See the source image
christianpublishinghouse.co 


Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me.
John 14:1 (NIV)

The place: The Upper Room
Jesus and his disciples are assembled in an upper room to celebrate the Passover Feast.
He has told of His betrayal. Peter reacts impulsively. The Master sets Peter straight about what he would do ­deny Him three times before the rooster would crow. Jesus then speaks the words of our focus verse.

Do not let your hearts be troubled.
He said these words to bring comfort to those still present. (He had already dismissed Judas Iscariot.) Could these men, the closest to Jesus, follow His direction?

As we read further the account of the Crucifixion, we realize that only one of those who heard these words stood with Jesus to the very end.

In our world today, do we sometimes let our hearts, and minds go to places of worry, fear, and anger? Jesus’ words at the time of that Passover feast do keep us from anxiety.

Trust in God
God makes it easy for us to follow these three words. He relieves us from heartache when we realize that He is in control. Worrying about something that has happened will make a person sick, likewise, worrying about something that has yet to happen is not good for our mental outlooks.

trust also in me.
Jesus, God’s Son and Emissary to us, tells us to trust Him as well. When we ask Him into our hears, we learn that Jesus will guide us through each day, each experience, and each trial we will ever have.

What ways do you keep yourselves from being troubled?






2 comments:

  1. When we listen too much to the news we can become filled with anxiety for our nation's future. I have to commit these things to the Lord and let it go. I pray for my President and our leaders and world situations, but I must let it go so that I can rest and be at peace. God is in control in all things, and we must remember that when we are tempted to despair. I am so very thankful for our all powerful God. He knows our every need and He will not fail us. Thank you for this post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I, also, get anxious when I listen to the news. I have to pray about what I hear as I hear the story. I saw something online that gives me more reason to pray. Our state has three cities listed, out of 67, that have the highest rate of shootings/murders in our nation. This fact alarms me. I have added these cities, by name, to my prayer list. We do have to turn these things to the LORD and let Him deal with them. Peace and blessing.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...