Tuesday, March 10, 2020

We Will Be with Him

See the source image
Little Seeds Of Faith  Blogspot

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may also be with me in that place. John 14:3 (NIV)
 J
These are very comforting words. In the main part of this verse, Jesus tells us He will return to earth and take us with Him. This is no accident that Jesus plans to include us in His eternal home. He told the disciples this to comfort them. I find a lot of comfort in these words, especially when I see what is happening around me and in this world.

When I was a child, we would travel from our home in Indiana to my grandmother’s in Georgia. I looked forward to being with her because it was a treat to see her. As a young adult, my husband and I made that journey two times. My excitement the first time was for Hubby to meet her. The second time was for her to see our son, her first great-grandchild.

While those times were exciting for me. My elation at going to Jesus’ home in heaven is many, many times greater. Knowing that He will allow me to be with Him allows me to relax and pray for those who cause those of the church much grief.

A week ago yesterday, I fell and did some damage to my left foot and ankle. I might not be able to post on my schedule. Please bear with me and please pray for us. Hubby has been wonderful about taking care of me.



8 comments:

  1. Heaven is our home, and it will be so much greater than ANYTHING we can even imagine...there are no human words to describe it accurately. But thinking about going to visit a beloved grandparent at their house is close... I am sorry you are still suffering with your foot/ankle. So thankful your hubby is able to help you, and I pray you are getting better day by day. Please take care and don't try to do too much. I understand that all too well right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I am doing somewhat better. Like any injury, this just takes time. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Cecelia, I hope and pray you are recovering fast. Thank God you have a husband to take care of you, you are blessed and cherished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria, the ankle appears to be sprained.
      There is a break in one of the bones in my foot. He is wonderful about getting me up when I need to get up. I have had to cancel my plans for most of this month. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  3. Praying for healing, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi: Sorry to be so late to get back to you. I couldn't remember where your comment went. (That new system takes some getting used to.) Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....