Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Book Review: Warfare Prayers for Women

Bethany House Publishers

Securing God’s Victory in Your Life
                                             
By Quin Sherrer and Ruthanne Garlock

The authors have given their readers a collection of prayers that cover every aspect of life. I found one section-Praying for My Community and Nation- very timely, given the state of our nation as we try to contain the spread of the Coronavirus.

Each prayer has two scripture verses or passages that shed more light on that prayer. At the end of the book, they include The Sinner’s Prayer and the Lord’s Prayer. The authors also include a list of worship starters- a neat compilation of terms that apply to Jesus Christ to help a reader to prepare to worship Him. Also, they give us scriptures of intercession and warfare to use when we face the enemy.

I would recommend this volume to any Christian woman who finds herself wanting to pray more earnestly to God.

I received this book from the publisher, Baker Publishing Group. All they asked of me was to give an honest review. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book for a ladies' prayer group. Would you recommend it for that? I was just having lunch with some ladies from our church and we talked about starting a prayer group. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your question. I will email you about this. A prayer group is a good thing. Right now, every church should have one. Ours meets via conference call until we can meet in person. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  2. How did you get started with reviews and publisher's sending you books?

    I want to thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I pray you have GOOD and blessed days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi: One of my blogging friends seemed to enjoy reviewing books. I decided I could try it. I Google searched for Christian publishers that had programs set up for bloggers to review their new books. I had to apply and be accepted into the programs. One thing was I had to have a certain amount of followers. Each publisher has a time frame in which a book must be read and reviewed.

      Delete
  3. This book sounds like a must-have in our current situation, Cecelia. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette: Yes, we all need to pray for our country and our world. God is the Only One who can help us out of these circumstances we are in.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...