Thursday, May 28, 2020

May Reflections

Etsy


Another month of sheltering in place. I was able to be out a few times, always wearing a mask the few times I have been out.

Being a Shepherd
I enjoy staying in touch with those people from church on my shepherd list. Most of them I text. One does not have that capability, so I call her.

Books
I am making some progress in getting back on some sort of writing activity. I have a book review ready to post. I ordered a book on writing. Write Like the Masters, by William Cane 

I ordered and finally received a Christian Writer’s Marketing Guide. I have spent some time searching through it.

I also received a copy of a book from Bethany House Publishers for me to review.

31 Days of Prayer Experience
For the month of May, I have been using a 31-Days of Prayer format. One part of the system is a printed page containing a target. Four concentric circles with terms like Thanksgiving, Wisdom, and Spiritual Insight, Forgiveness, Praise and worship, Confession of Sin, Renewal and Revival. Poor and Oppressed, World Leaders, National Government, Global Church, World Missions, Education, Current Events, Local Government, Global Church, World Missions, Local Church, Friends, Community. In the center of the target we are to pray for Home and Family. I have truly benefitted from doing this.
Also, there is a page of Scripture verses, one for each day. I have been led to journal about these verses. This exercise keeps me in practice to write something each day.

In April, I read and studies Psalm 119.

Looking Ahead

We understand that our church will be able to open on June 14. We know that our worship service will look different than before.

I have chosen not to bother the Activity Director at the nursing home to find out when they will be able to have outside people bring in readings and lessons to the residents. Likewise, I have not tried to call the retirement community. I intend to call those places early in June to see where they are in opening.

This month, my hairstylist chose to “officially retire”. She has had some health issues these past few years. Her husband had heart issues. Her dad who lives with them also has a heart condition.  She has her salon up for sale Please pray for her as she gets that salon sold and she enters a new phase of her life.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Cecelia, I was just saying to my husband yesterday... somehow May went by fast, despite all the things happening in our country and all over the world. I hope my books will arrive safely and you can put that on your reading list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Marja, May flew by. A little bit ago, I called our public library to see if it is open to the public. It is not and they don't know when it will be. Our church will open on June 14, unless that changes. I did call the nursing home and they may be able to have people from the outside come August. The receptionist at the retirement community had not been told when they could be open to outsiders. We have to really pray about these issues. I will let you know when the books arrive. Peace and blessing.

      Delete
  2. "Most of them I text. One does not have that capability, so I call her."

    I think that must mean the world to her. 😊 God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandi: Thank you for your kind comment. She lives alone. Her brother and sister-in-law live next door to her but he has some major health problems. She has one son who is incarcerated and one who lives in southern Indiana. Her late sister was a special lady to me.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...