Tuesday, July 7, 2020

God is Our Refuge

See the source image
Jesus Quotes and God Thoughts, Wordpress.con 


He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD,
“He is my Refuge and my fortress, My God in who I trust.”
Surely, he will save you from the fowler’s snare
And from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers,
And under his wings, you will find Refuge.   
                 Psalm 91:1-4 (NIV)

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High

The Psalmist speaks of those who live their lives as close to God as they can. He speaks of those who dwell in the shelter of God. One who dwells at a certain place lives there, not just visits. They spend a quantity of their time in prayer, in service to God, working for Him.

will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

When hardships come to those who live for the LORD, they go to Him in prayer and search the scriptures for guidance. When decisions must be made, those people pray for special direction to arrive at the correct answer for them and those around them.

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,

Believers who trust in the LORD will tell others that they find protection and strength that fortifies them in the face of personal trials.

my God in who I trust.

Believers rely on God for all their needs.
They depend on God for guidance and direction in every phase of their lives.
They do not get upset when things do not go as they had planned.

Surely, he will save you from the fowler’s snare

God watches over His children and leads them away from personal danger. Yes, there are times we wonder about this considering the aftermath of a tornado or an earthquake. All we can say is God is in control. 

and from the deadly pestilence.

Yes, even during this COVID-19 pandemic, when we abide by the rules set down by those who have devoted their lives to scientific research and study, we will be safe and keep others safe.

He will cover you with his feathers,

God will protect us. He will give us what we need to keep us safe from danger. However, we must be mindful of certain guidelines we have to keep us free from peril.

and under his wings, you will find refuge.

When we abide in Jesus, we find comfort and safety. We can rest and relax. Our minds are not encumbered by thoughts that plaque us and rob us of rest and peace.

4 comments:

  1. Psalm 91 is a great comfort in difficult times. Thank you for this reminder from God's Word. I love that we find refuge under His wings. What a beautiful thought and picture. We are loved by an all powerful and yet tender God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: This chapter has spoken to me lately. I intend to explore the other parts of it later. Thank you for your thoughtful comments. In the past two days, I have heard good thoughts about my actions in life. God has truly blessed me. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. My mother in law passed away this week and she wanted Psalm 91:1-12 on her card. It is a Psalm we can never read enough, there is something new all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: I am sorry for your loss. I get a lot of comfort from the Psalms. I will share about your loss with my prayer group. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...