Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Praise Him for His Protection

 

Godsdailyword.org




 

                 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  

                                    Psalm 91:4 (NIV)     

 

I awoke the other morning and felt the need to pray as I lay in bed. I heard the words, “under His wings.” I looked up that passage and enjoyed its message.

 

A while later, I received a text from a close friend. Her mother, a 96-year-old assisted living resident, had tested positive for COVID. She was asymptomatic.

 

I called my friend and we talked. I shared the scripture reference with her. Another friend used to sing a hymn by the title, “Under His Wings”, as special music in our old church.

I searched online for that hymn and played it a few times. It brought me peace.

 

            For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike you foot against a stone.

                                    Psalm 91:11-12 (NIV)

 

This section of the chapter also gives me comfort. It speaks of God’s angels surrounding us whatever we do so that we do not come to any added physical injury or personal hurt. The week before, I had left our home to go for a medical test. My ramp had a thin layer of ice on it which I did not see until I stepped on it. All I did was slide a few inches.

 

 Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “ I will rescue him, I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him, in trouble, I will deliver   and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.

                                    Psalm 91:14-16 (NIV)

 

These last few verses convey to me that God is real and wants what is best for all His children. When we acknowledge Him and turn everything that bothers us over to Him, we receive peace of mind, and heart. God will answer us when we are facing tumultuous personal times.

As I await a medical appointment, I have found comfort in these verses. I can feel the prayers of His people. We are all blessed to have a God who cares for and protects us.

4 comments:

  1. Because he (she) loves me, says the Lord... I find that so intriguing Cecelia. I have received such comfort out of Psalm 91, numerous times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: This psalm has kept me going through this time of waiting. I have read it often these past couple of weeks.

      Delete
  2. I love that song, "Under His Wings". We are protected and tenderly cared for, under His wings. There we can safely abide forever! Praying with you as you await this medical appointment. Trusting God to keep you safe and at peace. Yes, our God abundantly cares for us. He will not leave you nor forsake you. You can always rely on Him. Praying with you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: That hymn and that Psalm have kept me going. I will email you with the information about what lies ahead for us. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...