Thursday, December 31, 2020

December Reflections

 

Etsy.com


 

December was different for a lot of us, including our family. Due to COVID-19, our son chose not to be with us for the Christmas holiday.

My best friend took me to do some Christmas shopping on Monday of Christmas week. I could not find most of what I had on my list to purchase.

 

I had a post-op appointment with my surgeon on December 29, I believed I was at 2/3 the way of my healing time. She told me I was healed and could do ALMOST anything I wanted to do. The only thing was when we returned home, I removed my hat and coat and realized I did not have my left hearing aid. (Think glasses ear shaft, mask string, and over-the-ear- hearing aid.) I found it or rather it came back to me. I put a juice container into our recycle bag. I heard something hit the side of the container and stopped and looked. At first, I thought it was my other hearing aid. It was the errant one.

 

In the process of searching for it, I called and asked one of the women at the hospital if someone had found it. I alerted my local prayer group and my Sunday school leader of my need. I notified those from whom I requested prayer that I found it.

My writing activity was sparse.  My plan is to do better in this area. My thoughts were on Advent and different aspects of the season.

 

Looking Ahead

 

As I sit in my living room, I have started rereading Fervent by Priscilla Shirer. Reading this book has given me a new perspective on prayer. I would like to be able to share the information in this book with others.

 

I also have gotten back to the book, Fascinating Bible Studies on Every Parable by Dr. William Marty. There is a lot of meat in this book. Each parable has a section called “Reflections”, a series of questions designed to make the reader think and apply the lesson of each parable to him or herself.

 

In the next few days, I will do research and compile a list of books I intend to read or reread. I heard a speaker at a writing conference say he read 52 books a year. I know I cannot read that many. I am not sure of how many I can realistically read. I believe I can handle at least 12.

 

My Proposed list:  This is a partial list.

 

Two devotional books: one classic, one currently written.

 

Two books dealing with my word for 2021. 

 

Two books already on my bookshelves.

 

Two books on the writing craft.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...