Wednesday, December 2, 2020

November Reflections

 



Wordpress.com.Albert Moyer Jr.

What with surgery and allied activities, I did truly little writing this past month. I was hoping to get some cleaning done before my surgery date.  Honesty tells me that I must confess, I did not get the cleaning done.

 

We had Thanksgiving on the Saturday before the actual holiday. Roger decided he was coming up that weekend because he had not realized that Thanksgiving was ‘just around the corner.’ We just moved up our plans. On Thanksgiving Night, Jim and I had spaghetti and a tossed salad. I am thankful that certain companies create gluten-free products.

 

I sometimes have trouble sleeping. Thanksgiving Eve was one of those nights. I got up and got on my computer. I had something I needed to research. I checked my email and saw that a classmate from high school had posted something on our class’s page. One of our male classmates had entered heaven. He was living at a state veteran’s home but had passed away at an Indy hospital.

 

When it was a decent time. I called Ginny, a friend of mine to tell her the news. He had dated her sister who, also, was in my class. News of this kind always makes us realize that we are NOT immortal. Yes, it affected me and my friend. The news also affected others from my high school class. 

 

This quarantine has made me lazy. But then, I am rather limited in what kinds of activity I can do. But that is called a step in the process of healing.  One thing I did when I could not sleep, I felt the urge to get out my copy of True Worshipers by my friend Marja Verschoor-Meijers and started to reread it.

I had to make an unscheduled trip to see my surgeon. When I stepped on the scales to get weighed, I found that my body was 10 pounds lighter than before I had surgery. I also found out that it was NON-cancerous.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, we are at the age when high school and college class mates die, which is always sad news and food for thought. The is good news from your surgeon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that it was non-cancerous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Everyone who prayed for us has had the same thought. I don't even like to talk about cancer when my friends or family members have had it. Thanks again for stopping in.

      Delete
  3. Praise God for the good news first! "Non-cancerous!" And then also that you'd lost 10 lbs. as a result of the surgery tells you that you definitely needed to have that surgery! Praise God He took good care of you and you are on the way to healing and getting back to "normal". So happy you had a nice Thanksgiving with your son, even if it was early! Did you cook a turkey since it was on such short notice? No matter what you ate or who cooked it, the being together part was what mattered the most. Spaghetti sounds good too. I haven't had any recently and now I want some! LOL. I am sorry about your high school friend passing away. I know how that hurts. I had a similar experience a couple of months ago, and it was wonderful that several of my classmates and I were all able to attend his funeral, even during these Covid times. We were also a close group of kids and every member of our class was special to us. It's hard to realize that we are getting that old, and as time goes by more and more of our old friends will be passing on to glory. Praying that they know Jesus. I am glad that you are doing better now, and now you can enjoy the Christmas season...but don't overdo it. Just take it slow and easy and relax! Cleaning house is one of those things that we will always have to do, and if it gets done, fine. If it doesn't, the world won't come to an end because of it. Just take it easy! Have a blessed Advent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam: There were over 400 of us in my graduating class. It has just been recently that I discovered that these people were concerned about others in the class. God is good and showed me how wonderful these people truly are. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...