Friday, December 4, 2020

Advent

 

www.balsamhill.com


                 Do not be afraid. I bring you good tidings of great joy that will be for all the people.

                                                                Luke 2:10 (NIV)

The term Advent comes from the Latin. It means “He comes to.” We take it to mean that Jesus comes into our world. As we prepare for His arrival in our world, we celebrate His birth each year.

 

We welcome Him into our hearts and share His love with those around us, our families, our church families, our friends, those who assist us in the market place.

 

Our heavenly Father sent Jesus into our world because of His love for us, His children. He sent His son into a world fraught with hardship, heartache, and danger. He sent Jesus into our world to show us how to live for His Father. We are not to fear the things of this world.

Are there ways we can show our love to those around us? During the last shutdown of our church, our pastor’s wife started a ‘’shepherding group,”  certain ones signed up to act as shepherds to those who either can’t get out or haven’t gotten out to church due to fear that it is not safe for them to be out.

One lady I call lives in another town. She is divorced (has been for a long time.) Her sons are grown and live in other parts of the state. As we were ending our conversation earlier this week, she told me she loved me. I was touched.

 

Before snow set in, I hoped to have our Christmas decorations out of our yard barn. It did not happen, the snow won. Hubby is not feeling well either, so we will wait until he starts to feel better.

2 comments:

  1. OH, I am sorry you weren't able to get your decorations out of the barn before the snow hit. But they can wait. Your health and safety is more important than decorations. Hopefully your snow won't last too long and there will be a little break in the weather when your hubby is feeling better. Praying he feels better soon...and you as well! I love the shepherding idea, and that makes me think I need to make some phone calls too. Thank you for that reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I have decided that those decorations can and will wait. I took the time to address some Christmas cards today. I also ordered some Christmas cards and Sympathy cards online this evening. Taking things slowly. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...