Tuesday, March 9, 2021

God Sees Me-Mary

 



nataliesnapp.com




 

And Mary said: “My soul glorifies

the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God

my Savior, for he has been mindful of

the humble state of his servant.

Luke 1:46-48 (NIV)

 

God sent the angel Gabriel to visit Mary. He carried a wonderful message from God. He conveyed two messages. The first being God chose Mary to bear His Child. The second was that Elizabeth, her older relative, was bearing a child.

 

Mary went to visit Elizabeth. Upon her arrival the baby Elizabeth was carrying ‘leaped for joy’ at the sound of Mary’s voice.

 

Mary felt blessed by Elizabeth’s words. She sang a song giving glory to the Lord. She does this to give thanks to God.

 

I love the phraseology of this translation (NIV) ‘for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant.”

 

This tells me that God saw Mary and he chose her for the awesome role of bearing His Child.

 

God calls his children into professions that magnify Him. Pastors, Missionaries, Doctors, and healthcare workers (nurses, nursing assistants, physical therapists, x-ray technologists, to name a few.)

 

God sees each of His children as special. He uses each of them as He desires to expand His Kingdom.

 

Do we remember that God sees us at times when we are not at our best? I have learned that God sees us at all times. This is something I have had to realize and repent of my behavior.

 

                 

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that God sees us and knows us. He knows my name. I am not just a number or thing to Him. I am a living soul that HE loved so much He sent His Son to die for me so that He could be with me forever. That's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: It is wonderful that God sees us, even when we have done wrong in His eyes. He loves us more than we deserve, that's grace. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...