Tuesday, March 16, 2021

God Sees Me-Peter

 

Pinterest


 

                ” You are not one of this man’s disciples, are you?” the girl at the door asked Peter. He replied, “I am not.” As Simon Peter stood warming himself, he was asked, “You are not one of his disciples, are you?”  He denied it saying, “I am not.” One of the high priest’s servants. . . challenged him, “Didn’t I see you with him in the olive grove?” Again, Peter denied it, and at that moment a rooster began to crow.  John 18:17-18, 25-27 (NIV)

 

               

Peter was scared. He had followed Jesus for three years. He had not understood what the Master had meant when He had told them of His suffering and death.

               

Earlier Peter has vowed that he would follow Jesus until the end. However, Jesus knew human nature and told Peter that Peter would deny Him three times.

               

In one version of that event, Luke’s telling of Peter’s denial, (Luke 22: 60-62, NIV) Jesus looked straight at Peter, and Peter wept. We have recorded here that Jesus did see Peter after he disowned Him. Have you ever wondered what was going through Jesus’ mind at that moment?

 

Did He think: “Peter, I thought you were my friend?” Or “Why would you do this to me?”

Or “Peter, in spite of what you have said I love you.”

 

What do you think would be the thought that Jesus would have in the event that we, his present-day followers, would deny Him.?

4 comments:

  1. Like in the event with Peter, Jesus can look beyond our apparent denials to see the fear lurking behind the scenes, and into our hearts to know our deepest feelings. He knows our frame and remembers that we are dust, and subject to failings and fear. Thankfully Jesus is all-loving and all-forgiving, but He uses these moments to teach us and reach us for eternity. I am so thankful that He knows me deep within and understands me when I falter. He doesn't "throw the baby out with the bathwater"...He picks me up and dusts me off and says, "I love you", and "Let's try this again...I'll help you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: it is so nice to hear your thoughts about Jesus' lookin through our denials and seeing our fears. Yes, I believe Jesus wolud have comforting thoughts, encouraging words for us whenever we mess up. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Tough question Cecelia, I think He would be disappointed, yet forgiving and kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Yes, this is a tough question. I also believe he would be disappointed, an forgiving and kind. All because of His grace. Peace and blessings on you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...