Friday, March 19, 2021

God Sees Me-Thomas

 

hearthymn.com


“Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my fingers where the nails were and put my hands into his side, I will not believe it.”

 “My Lord and my God!” John 20:25,28 (NIV)

 

The above verses are Thomas’ reactions to hearing of and then seeing the risen LORD. The context of the first quote tells us that Thomas was not present when Jesus first visited the disciples on the evening after his resurrection. On this first visit, Jesus’ first words were words of comfort, “Peace be with you.”

 

On Jesus’s second visit, a week later, Jesus repeats his greeting, and He addresses Thomas. He tells Thomas to do what he said were the conditions of his, Thomas’ believing that the others had seen the LORD. Thus, we read of Thomas’ affirmation, “My Lord and my God!”

 

God saw and heard Thomas voice his disbelief. We have scriptural proof that God saw Thomas. I do not believe we realize how important that was to both him and the others.

 

God does see us in our times of disbelief and doubt. He then chooses to meet that doubt and gives us what we need.

 

We had a relative who kept telling my husband that she would not come back to the LORD until after he brought a man into her life. I believe she came back to the LORD because He spoke to her heart and told her it was more important that He be a part of her life.


How often do we wish to have peace in our lives? How often do YOU want to have peace in YOUR life?

2 comments:

  1. It is a daring thing to put conditions on our faith in the Lord...that is something I would not ever want to do. Although there probably have been times when I felt like questioning what God was doing, but ultimately I always knew He knew best. On another note, I see today is your birthday, so Happy Birthday Cecelia! I hope you have a happy and blessed day all day long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: You make a valid point. It is a daring thing to put conditions on our faith in the Lord. I learned a great lesson when God told me no in answer to a special request I made of Him.
      God is sovereign and can do what He wants to do.

      Thank you for the birthday wishes. Roger will be with us tomorrow and part of Sunday. We are going to have a Taco Party tomorrow night. Peace and blessings on you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...