Tuesday, March 23, 2021

God Sees Me-Paul

 

Pinterest


 

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from

heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him,

“Saul, Saul why do you persecute me?” Acts 9:3-4 (NIV)                

Saul was on his way to Damascus. His mission was to round up those who belonged to The Way, the sect of Christians, and carry them back to Jerusalem. They would be his prisoners.

 

Something happened that changed his life forever. He met the LORD. God asked him a very pertinent question, “Why are you persecuting me?” Jesus identifies himself. Paul is told to go into Damascus, and he will be told what to do.

 

            The LORD instructed Saul in a one-on-one conversation. Those traveling with Saul did not see anything. How often do we hear a message from God that no one else hears?

 

God watched as Saul wreaked havoc among those who belonged to The Way, those who believed in Christ. God knew all the evil and nastiness in Saul’s heart. Yet, God chose to forgive Saul and direct him to work for Him.

 

For God to know Saul’s attributes, He had to watch as Saul went through his murderous ways. He saw Saul, forgave him, and used him for His glory.

 

As God sees us go through our lives, He takes note of our attributes and our weaknesses. Personally, I know He has taught me so much about myself. I now understand why I react the way I do when I have issues with my computer. It is due to my frustration. I know God can take care of that shortcoming if I allow Him to.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, thankfully God sees our hearts and knows what is really going on inside of us, and He loves and forgives us for our shortcomings...and He teaches us how to overcome those things that cause us sorrow or anger or frustration. I am so thankful for His loving kindness and compassion and continued forgiveness every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your warm and insightful thoughts. It is warming up here in Indiana. I spent a couple of hours on our front porch yesterday afternoon. It's enclosed and it is nice when the sun shines through the windows. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Lately I think of this meeeting of how Paul was transformed and turned around completely from this encounter with the LORD. It gives me hope when praying for those who do not yet know Him. And I remember His lovingkindness and loving us while we are yet still sinners. Blessings and Peace to you and yours. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel: We all need to remember what the LORD did for Paul. Especially when we reach out to those who do not know Him yet. Please pray for me. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's a small spot. I will have a lumpectomy after Easter. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Amen. Yes, and I will be praying, believing for your complete healing and Resurrection , LIFE, in Jesus mighty Name to every cell in your body. An honor to pray for you in this time of Resurrection and Passover, Deliverance from all sickness.Blessings and Peace to you and yours.Love, Shayndel

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...