Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Jesus, the Light of the World

 

Pinterest


“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 (NIV)

 

Jesus Christ spoke these words to allow those who listened to and chose to follow Him the chance to be redeemed.

Jesus revealed himself to those in the crowd. He identified himself as the one who would make the world right. People were dishonoring God. He told them they would not have to walk in darkness again.

 

Each of us must recognize that we are sinners—sinners saved by grace. Because of God’s grace, we can call on Him to listen to our prayers and to guide us through the difficult issues we sometimes face.

 

Jesus is coming again very soon. Will He find that we have been walking in the light with Him?

8 comments:

  1. I love that picture of Jesus holding up the lamp. I've never seen that one before and it really blesses me. Yes, I am ready for Jesus to return, and I try to stay bathed in His light and away from the darkness. This world is NOT my home, praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your thoughts. I was taken by that picture as well. I find it is very important to me to stay close to Jesus. This Advent season has been wonderful for me. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. He is the light of the world and we are the light of the world, because we are in Him! What a wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your gracious thought. I was drawn to the picture as well. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I'm ready for His return! And with the state of the world it seems He's coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy: Yes, it does look like He is returning soon. I see things every day that tell me that. Peace and blessings and Blessed Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...