Friday, December 31, 2021

NEW

 

Quiet Spirit Writing Ministry



Happy New Year!

I thought I would get started with January's Theme a bit early this year.


 

Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples if you have love for one another.” John 13:33-35 (NKJV)

 

A NEW COMMANDMENT I give to you, that you love one another

 Jesus doesn’t say “You can do this if you want to.  He tells us this is what He expects us to do.

 as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

How does Jesus love us? Does he remember what we did that was wrong when we were growing up?  Of course not!  When we ask Him into our hearts, He forgives us of ALL our sin.

 

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW CREATION ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become NEW. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)

 

These are the words of Paul. He is the example of the power Jesus has to change people. Jesus gives each person who comes to him, In the Old Testament, Ezekiel tells us: “God says ‘Then I will give them one heart, and I will put  a NEW spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh.’’ ’Ezekiel 11:9 (NKJV)

 

As we enter the new year of 2022, none of us knows what lay ahead for us, as individuals, as a church, as a society, or as a nation, or as a world. Let us, each one stay as close to the Lord as we can during the new year.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these wonderful scriptures Cecelia, let's look ahead with hope! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your support through 2019. Right now, I am feeling very energetic. May God continue to bless you and yours in the coming year of 2022. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful message! And behold! I make all things new! Revelation 21:5. HAPPY New Year!! God bless you with many NEW blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your kind thoughts. Yes, God does make all things new. Praise the LORD for His mercy. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...