Friday, May 20, 2022

God’s Patience

 





 

The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering (patient) toward us, not willing that anyone should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 (NKJV)

 

I sometimes have mixed emotions about God’s patience. At times, I want Him to act on my requests right then. Other times, I know that the person for whom I am praying might not be ready to receive the healing, or the change in his or her life.

 

God, in His wisdom, sees habits and conditions in our lives and the lives of others that cause Him to wait and gently lead those for whom we pray to the place they need to be.

 

A friend of mine shared with me something that happened to one of her family members. She and I had been praying for him about some needs he has.  It was a wake-up call for that relative; my friend called it sort of an answer to prayer.

 

God uses what He can to allow people to see their need and adjust their lives to be used by Him.  God must do this in His own time and His own way. We must learn to be patient and let Him work out the problems because His way is best.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we need to pray for our friends and loved ones, but wait patiently for God to work things out in accordance with His divine plan. It may not always coincide with our timing or wishes, but when we trust God, it will work out for the best in the long run. He always knows best. That is why in the Lord's Prayer Jesus says, "Not MY will, but THY will be done..." I always try to remember that when I pray.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...