Saturday, May 14, 2022

Patience’s Perfect Work

 

 

quiet spirit 




 

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4 (NKJV)

 

As believers in Christ, we are faced with many trials as we go through life. We learn to rely on God to take us through them.

 

As those trials become part of our past, we come to realize that we grow in our strength and our faith because of those trials. 

                                      

We learn that we need to be patient in order for God to work in our lives. When we are impatient, we miss the lesson God has for us.                                              

I am reminded of a small sign I heard of that a woman had by her kitchen sink. It depicted a small boy. Above his head appear the words, God give me patience. In his had is a megaphone and on that megaphone is the word “NOW!” This always brings a smile to my heart.

 

Sometimes, I can be like that small boy; except, I want patience yesterday or even last week. However, having gone through some health issues these past few years, I have learned that I must be patient. The best way to practice patience is to wait upon the LORD.                                                                                                                                                      

1 comment:

  1. This is so true Cecelia, we often want things now! I am contemplating a blog or video series on waiting (when healing takes time), a process I am going through myself. One of the many ideas I have :)

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...