Thursday, August 4, 2022

July Reflections

 






Writing


In one of my blog posts, I wrote on the passage Micah 6:8. One of my readers is possibly a Messianic Jew. She commented on my thoughts and gave me insight into the order of how some read the Torah. We never know what we will learn from one another. I was humbled by her thought and her comment.


Advocacy Efforts


On Wednesday, July 13th, the Energy and Commerce committee in the House of Representatives unanimously passed by voice vote the bill to technically correct the Medicare law to include coverage of Lymphedema compression garments and sleeves. It now will go to the floor of the House for a vote. (Please note, there are 350 House co-sponsors of this bill.)


Review Book


My most recent review book is one by A.W. Tozer, Going Higher with God Through Prayer. I chose this particular book mainly because it is on prayer and because I am drawn to what the author has said in the others I have read.


Husband’s Surgery On Hold


Jim’s knee replacement surgery had been scheduled for August 10. His Pr e-Operative Tests has caused them to put everything on hold. His a1c, a blood sugar indicator, number was too high.


And Then the Rains Came


We had not had any rain for about seven weeks. On July 16th, we got a gentle rain.

On July 17th the sky opened up and we had a deluge. Water was standing everywhere. We had a power outage that started at 3:23 in the afternoon. Power was restored at 2:15 the next morning. The television weather people said we had NINE inches of rain.


Our side yard is an extra city lot. This lot is lower than where the house sits. When we have water standing in it we always say that we are going to stock it with fish. Our basement got flooded because of the power outage. We are waiting for the furnace to dry out. Hubby does not do well with stress. I am afraid that over the years his health has affected his level of tolerance.



My Austerity Efforts


Due to my having Lymphedema, I have some compression sleeves that I wear and a compression garment that I wear at night. Over a period of one year, at the price I see on the insurance information that I receive, this could be costly for those who rely on these tools to keep the condition from worsening. I prefer to not wait until I receive a statement from the hospital telling me I owe them a large amount of money. I have changed my word processing carrier to one that is free. I receive coupons from my pharmacy that help me save a little bit each time I shop. I cut back on extra mission giving at church.


August is here and, before we know it, it will be gone. Meanwhile, I hope to do better about writing and living for the LORD.



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I've been behind in my reading and commenting. It's been very busy here with the new store. I am sorry your hubby's surgery has been postponed, but I hope he will soon be feeling much better and that the new date will work for him. I am praying that the bill passes for the inclusion of the compression garments for lymphedema. I never realized those items could be so expensive. I am wondering what you mean by "changing your word processing carrier to one that is free." What is a "word processing carrier"? I never heard of having to pay for word processing. I must not understand what you mean by that. Anyway, I hope these extra measures will help you until the medicare issue is corrected. I know we are all looking for ways to save these days. Oh, I am sorry about your basement getting flooded. What a mess that must have been. Is your basement used primarily for storage, or do you have a finished basement? Either way, it is a terrible thing when things get flooded like that. My heart goes out to you. You don't need that added stress for sure. Lifting you and your hubby up in prayer. You are going through a lot right now. May God send you relief in each area. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cecelia, I am so sorry to hear about the flooding (although rain is a good thing, but not 9 inches at once) and the health bill they are discussing. I know the Bible says 'I have never seen the righteous forsaken', I stand on that scripture, no matter how expensive everything gets. if the devil threatens me, I give even more to missions :) That will teach him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam: Thank you for your concerns. Jim seems to be less anxious about things.Our basement is mainly for storage and the appliances, furnance, hot water heater, and washer and dryer. We had a low- intesity tornado go through the area of our city on Tuesday.a friend of mine and her mother were without power for several hours. The park near our home lost a lot of trees. We had trees down on the church property which is two blocks from the edge of the park. We had a power glitch. I managed to sleep right through it all. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Marja, for your concern. We are doing better than we were a few weeks ago. When the devil knocks on my door, I ask God to answer it. (I heard this a long time ago.) Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...