Tuesday, January 31, 2023

God’s Forgiveness

 

You Tube


if My people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)


God Himself spoke these words to Solomon.


God tells Solomon what those who profess to believe in Him have to do in order for Him to hear their prayers, for their sins to be forgiven, and their land to be healed.


Humble themselves

Realize they are sinners. Recognize that He alone is perfect. Admit these facts to God.


Pray

Take all their concerns to Him. He is the only One who can fix them.


seek His face

Pray earnestly. Consider Fasting as a part of our prayer time.


Turn from their wicked ways

Repent. Turn away from the things that God does not like.


I will hear from heaven

We believe that God hears all prayers of His children.


will forgive their sin

God will forgive any sin that we acknowledge we have done.


and heal their land.

I believe it hurts God to see all the upheaval going on here on earth. He did not create this world so that people could fight one another. God created this world so we could love one another.


Do these words of God speak to us today? Yes, God’s words speak to each of us, His children each day as we pray to Him.


Can we learn anything from them? Yes, we can learn what we need from Him to guide us through any difficult times our lives.


Do we still have time for the results He mentions to take place in our lifetimes? Yes, if we pray in earnest to Him and listen for His voice.

4 comments:

  1. I've loved this particular scripture for years, Cecelia; I never tire of hearing God's promises to us when we humble ourselves before Him. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha: This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. Thank you for sharing. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so grateful that God sets the pattern for forgiveness. There are some people in my life that I need to actively forgive; it's been hard. But I know it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Yes, it can be hard to forgive someone. Once I had to ask God to forgive that person for me. I believe God also forgave me for my part in the problem. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...