Thursday, June 22, 2023

Awaken to God’s Presence

 

Pinterest.com


My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;

 I will sing and give praise. Awake, my glory! Awake, lute and harp!

 I will awaken the dawn.

I will praise You, O Lord, among the peoples.

I will sing to You among the nations to give praise to the LORD to whomever he is near. 


Psalm 57:7-11 (NKJV)


My question here is do we choose to give praise to the LORD when we are among friends or even fellow worshipers?


I will sing to You among the nations.


Do we join in when we hear hymns or praise music during our times of corporate worship?

Or do we just stand or sit there. I am not a soloist. I used to sing in the choir in two of the churches I belonged to. I had to stop being part of this ministry in one church due to my developing a hole in one of my eardrums. Also, a chronic cough has kept me away from this form of ministry.


Remember, Psalm 100 (KJV) tells us to make a joyful noise. The psalmist does not say it has to be on key or in perfect pitch.


For your mercy reaches unto the heavens,


David tells us here that God’s mercy is evident to all and that it reaches us wherever we are.


And your truth unto the clouds.


God’s truth is evident everywhere on earth and into the stratosphere. We cannot get away from seeing and hearing His truth in our personal lives and in our world.


Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;

David speaks of God being highly lifted up. Do we lift God up as we go through our days

- do we pray to Him, giving thanks for what He has given us or done for us? Do we share with those around us what He has done? Do we ever give praise for things the world takes for granted?


Let Your glory be above all the earth.


God does let His glory be seen by all on the earth. After a rainstorm, my best friend stops whatever she is doing and checks out the sky to see if there is a rainbow. As I initially wrote this, I sat on my sofa, and enjoyed the breeze coming through the open window above my head. As I drive to church, I scan the sky to see what kinds of clouds He has placed there for us.


May we all be more mindful of God’s protection, presence, love, and love as we grow closer to Him.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I watch for God's beauty and presence everywhere I go, especially in His wonderful creation around us. I am always amazed by what I see and I give Him the glory and praise for all He has done for us. My singing voice is getting more crackly as the years go by and I fear I will lose it altogether one day, but I keep singing as often as I can regardless. "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever!" psalm 107. Have a blessed and glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your kind thoughts. We should always give praise to God for things He has done for us. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Mindful is my word for the year, Cecelia. So yes, each day I tell myself to be mindful of all God has done and what He is still doing in my life. I do love to sing my heart out to the Lord!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: When I have those hymns come to my mind, I always feel comforted and close to God. Thank you for your warm thoughts. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

WORSHIP SONGS

VICTORY IN JESUS An old hymn with a different voice. A new song. Our praise band played and sang it. Jesus Strong and Kind This is one I rea...