Tuesday, July 25, 2023

My Senses and Forgiveness

 

Pinterest




Can forgiveness be experienced through our senses? Do I see an object in my home that reminds us of having been forgiven?


Yes, there are several objects in my living room that remind me of forgiveness. On a small wooden shelf sits a plate with the words, “God bless our marriage”. My husband bought this for me when we were shopping at an outlet mall. The significance of this plate is the writing on it. He is not one to talk about his relationship with God or with the church. Due to his health, he does not attend church with me.


Do I hear words that remind me of forgiveness?


When our son calls us, just before we hang up. I always tell him that we love him. He always responds with, “I love you, too.” Our son has had some hurdles to get over as he has gone through life.



Do I taste things that remind me of forgiveness?


Whenever I eat fresh sweet corn on the cob,or watermelon I think of the farmers who grew those crops and the work they do to get it to market. I taste the forgiveness of God in each bite. He has forgiven me so that I can enjoy good summer produce.


Can I feel God’s forgiveness as I go through each day?

Yes, I feel God’s presence, especially when I am stressed by worldly circumstances. His presence reminds me that I have been forgiven and can stand tall against the issue before me.



Can I smell forgiveness?


Yes, When I have chosen to bake something. I don’t always bake muffins, cakes, or cookies due to my husband’s health. But, when I do, I can smell that sweet aroma of God’s forgiveness wafting through our house.

8 comments:

  1. I do love all the ways God reminds us of our forgiveness and directs us to forgive others through our senses. Wonderful, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: I find ways God reminds us of who He is and what He does for us always intriguing. He never ceases to amaze me.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful thoughts on forgiveness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a wonderful blog post Cecelia. The sense of forgiveness, that is so much more than just reading about forgiveness or even extending it... it is about experiencing it on all levels of life. Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your kind thoughts. I have learned so much about forgiveness this year. God has truly blessed me. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful testimony of forgiveness through all our senses. I love how you have woven this together! Thanks for reminding me of all the different ways we can experience forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Thank you for your very kind words. Sometimes, I need to think about my word in small ways. This was one of those times. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

WORSHIP SONGS

VICTORY IN JESUS An old hymn with a different voice. A new song. Our praise band played and sang it. Jesus Strong and Kind This is one I rea...