Tuesday, December 19, 2023

The Gift of Life

 

lovethispic.com 


I have come that they may have life, and they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10 b (NKJV)


My best friend often reminds me that each day is a gift and even that life is also a gift. We often seem to have difficulties in our lives. However, God allows them to ultimately cause us to learn a lesson we need.


Another gift that God gives us is our very lives. I am reminded of the saying;


“God gives us each of us our life as a gift.

What we do with do with that life is our gift to Him.”


We may have had lofty ideas about what we wanted to do with our lives. God has His thoughts about what He sees as what He wants from us.


I remember one time when I was feeling pretty low about how my life was going. Someone my age in my stepfather’s family was doing some significant things with her husband, newsworthy items. My mother reminded me that I was raising a son with certain medical issues and I had nothing to be ashamed about. I had not thought of myself in that light.


God has brought our family of three through some very difficult times, all the while teaching me some very valuable things.


Prayer


Father God: Thank you for giving each of us the lives we have. Thank You for giving us the lessons You have given us in order that we may show Your love to others. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Father, for giving all of us the gift of life that we serve you well. Blessings, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for your prayer. I appreciate them so much. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Pam: Thank you for your encouragement. God has been speaking to me about so many things lately. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

August Reflections

  lacyazorleepages,dev Getting Back in the Swing of Things I thought I found myself getting back to feeling like doing some things....