Saturday, April 6, 2024

Trusting God Yields Happiness

 



He who heeds the Word wisely will find good; and whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he. Proverbs 16:20 (NKJV)


Words of Solomon


I found a form of this verse in a gift book that I ran across in my living room. The book is entitled “Growing Through Prayer”.


I am certain that each of us has experienced not heeding God’s Word in the way we should.

When we choose to think that we know a better way to do something than God we do not heed His Word. We find ourselves in a fix, and it may be a while before we can say that we are out of trouble.


However, when we heed God’s Word and His leading, we find ourselves more relaxed and

possibly even have a pleasant outlook about things.


When we give our worries and concerns over to God and trust Him for the outcome, Solomon tells us we achieve happiness when we trust in the Lord.


This sounds so simple. There are times when I have wandered away from trusting Him and have taken on some issue that either is to big for me to handle or should not really concern me. That’s when I find myself getting unhappy and, yes, possibly depressed.

Prayer: Father God, please forgive me for those times I have not trusted You. I am sorry for rushing into things that are too big for me to handle, especially those things that only You can remedy. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen

6 comments:

  1. Amen to that, Cecelia! Let's keep God close to our hearts, especially as we witness the troubles in our current times. May His will be done, always. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: I am learning to trust God with more and more of my actions and attitudes each day. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I totally understand this. I often jump in where I don't need to be, or without God's leading me first. That's when I wind up frustrated and anxious because I tried to do things in my own strength and did not rely on God. There is much to pray about these days as we see so much happening in our world that is troubling. But we can only do what God leads us to do, and we have to leave the rest up to Him. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam: Thank you for your thoughts. I am sure that people when they first come to the Lord go through the anxiety we have felt. God leads us through those issues that are too big for us to deal with and understand. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you're finding such peace as you lean on your faith to TRUST, Cecelia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: I see my word "Trust" every day. Lately, in our Sunday school class devotional we are studying, Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...