Thursday, June 6, 2024

Declare Praise

 

                        

worldhistory.org


I will declare Your name to My brethren;

In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.

You who fear the Lord, praise Him!

All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,

And fear Him all you offspring of Israel.

Psalm 22:22-23 (NKJV)


Words of David


David tells God that he, David, will firmly speak His Name to his fellow worshipers in the middle of the gathering of His people.


Do believers today have that kind of freedom? Some groups still practice giving testimonies of praise. When I hear people say God helped them through a trial, it encourages me.


David advises those who fear (respect) the Lord to praise Him, even if we can only praise God for the things we have taken for granted-the everyday things.


He tells those descend from Jacob to glorify God. We are to lift God up and let Him be who He is meant to be.


The shepherd king also tells those who are descendants of Israel (Christians are grafted into this group.) to deeply respect God for all the things He has done for us, His unworthy children.


We are made worthy of His love and care because of Jesus.



2 comments:

  1. All because of Jesus . . .
    Blessings, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: That's right. Thank you for your kind friendship. Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Where are Our Eyes?

As I look at the world, both secular and Christian, I see a lot of turmoil. I have come to expect this from the secular world. Even then, th...