Monday, September 29, 2008

Poor Visibility

Fog surrounded the street as I prepared to leave for church. The sun shone through it displaying a beautiful but eerie picture. As I approached the stoplight I realized the mist had parted as I moved through it.

As I turned onto another street, the fog had lifted. I could see for a couple of blocks, up to my where I would turn again. After this second turn, the mist briefly enveloped my car.

I realized this scene I was living, had a Spiritual parallel. As humans we all live through times when we didn’t know the outcome. We have to trust God to resolve it.

In life we experience serious events over which we have no control. These circumstances can beat us down. But they don’t have to. God can clear a path through the situation. We need to apply the scriptures to our lives.

We need to ‘Trust the Lord (y)our God with all (y)our heart(s) and lean not to (y)our own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all . . . and He will direct (y)our paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Quiet Spirit -

    I'm reminded of the Scripture which tells us His word is lamp to our feet and a light to our path. As we come to each place, He provides what we need.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's my favorite Scripture, the first one I ever memorized as a new believer!

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...