Monday, March 30, 2009

Salome

She accompanied her son and her sister to the hill. They followed the crowd who brought her nephew to that evil place.

Her presence there could have puzzled those who knew her. Jesus had rebuked her when she requested special favors for her two sons, James and John.

But now, that didn't keep her away from Mary—away from being there for Jesus at that time. All she could do was stand there, watching and thinking. He told the truth, my sons couldn't withstand anything like this. They told Him they could drink the same cup as He. But, now I know they couldn't.
My sister will be so lonely without Him. Although He traveled a lot, she cared for and watched over Him when she could.

What? Did I hear right? Did Jesus entrust Mary to my John? I will be in James' home and Mary my dear sister will be in John's. We will be able to visit one another. Jesus loves my sister and He loves my son, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...