Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When People Hurt People

(Matthew 5:43-48)

From time to time, we find ourselves in the middle of someone else's difference with another person. For some of us this is an almost everyday happening. And we become privy to one party’s thoughts. Some people’s feelings produce thoughts that belie their Christian beliefs.

When things happen that cause us to harbor unkind thoughts about another person, we are guilty of sin. No, Christians aren't to be doormats. But we are to abide by the teachings of the Bible. If we do as we are taught, ultimately we win the argument.

The scripture chosen for this essay is a hard one for some people to comprehend. They look as though they were a deer caught in the headlights. Imagine with me the following conversation.

“You mean I am supposed to pray for HER, after what she said about me?”

“Yes, we have to, because Jesus said to.”

“But she yelled at me.(or)She called me names. (or)She said I wasn't a good mother.”

“But Jesus told us to pray for those that spitefully use us.”

As I see it, we should pray for anyone who is mean or spitefully uses us, no matter what his or her spiritual belief.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote this because I have a friend who is torn about a situation that keeps happening with someone at church. Also, my husband and I have been used by someone under the guise of helping us.
I was hurt hearing about the situation at church and very hurt by the circumstances directed at us. Please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...