Monday, August 27, 2012

God Instructs and Counsels





“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;

 I will counsel you and watch over you.”

 Psalm 32:8 (NIV)

               
               Our Father doesn’t leave us to deal with our messes alone. He goes before us and guides us through the mazes we have to go through.
               He keeps His eye on each of us. A friend and I recently went to a gospel concert at a local theater. We heard the song, “His Eye Is on the Sparrow” twice. The first time, it was sung by a young woman who sang soprano- her treatment was almost operatic. The gentleman who followed her sang it but in the bass range. I loved both treatments. The line that stayed with me was this: “His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches over me.”  I found a blog label for Ethel Waters on Closed Doors, Open Windows. I went to a meeting three days later, after the meeting I saw a CD player on one of the tables. The tune being played as I stood there was, you guessed it, “His Eye Is on the Sparrow.” I believe God is trying to tell me something.

               As I sit here in my computer room/office I am thankful that God does instruct me and guide me.  I need Him to do these things for me. 

               A few minutes before writing this, I turned on my laptop and discovered a new feature that I believe I will use on a regular basis. It’s called “sticky notes” One click and a yellow sticky note appeared on my desktop. (I sometimes forget what I plan to do when I get online.) I typed on one the things I need to do for “following my king.”  I then added a second one to remind myself to post my column. I will add this discovery to my blessing list for today.

              As I prepared to advance post my entries, I realized that this is my 600th entry in this blog. A blessing in itself.



Dear Lord:
               Thank You for your great love and watch care over us, Your children. Please forgive us for doubting Your presence when we experience tough times. We thank You for Your guidance us through them. We praise Your name. In the name of Jesus, we pray. AMEN 

                                                                                                                                                                                  

4 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite scriptures. I find it encouraging and comforting. Thanks so much for this timely reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: You are welcome. Certain scriptures speak to us as we study them. We can read one passage several times and one day we read it again and see something different than we have before.

      Delete
  2. His Eye is on the Sparrow reminds me of the late Ethel Waters. She always sang this song at Billy Graham crusades. I'm so glad the Lord didn't set this world in motion and then leave us to deal with our messes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I am thankful that He didn't leave us to 'clean up' our act. He chose to send His Son to roll up His sleeves and help us through the tough times we face.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...