Friday, March 28, 2014

God Exalted His Son




“Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
And gave him the name that is above every name. . . “
 Philippians 2:9 (NIV)

This verse begins with a conjunction. What follows comes about as a result of what has preceded that conjunction. I read recently that we are to concentrate on the words before the conjunction as a part of our study of the thought that follows it.

God accepted Jesus back into heaven, to sit at His right hand. This was the Son’s original place.
Have you ever wondered, “Why?”

God allowed Jesus to come to earth because of His love for this world. (John 3:16) We discover that Jesus Christ was God’s only Son.

Now, when we have children, their well-being becomes important to us. We work to keep them healthy. We want them close to us as they grow and learn about life. We try to ‘be there’ for them during the times of illness and physical and emotional hurt. Magnify our feelings for our children at least a quintillion times; that might be close to how much love God has for Jesus. (I say ‘might’ because we really can’t quantify God’s love.)


God chose to honor Jesus by granting Him the best position and the best name available to anyone–the Son of God

graphic: pastorkylehuber.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cecelia! Well, I know how much I love my children (and grandchildren)...it's hard to imagine how much more love the Father has for the Son. What joy in heaven when Jesus returned! I think it must have felt like God was rejoined with a part of his body again.
    Happy Monday!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceil: Thank you for stooping in. I don't have grandchildren but I know how much I love my son. Yes, I believe joy was evident when Jesus returned to heaven. I don't think that joy can be quantified. When our son came home for a visit last May, I felt a lightness in my heart. Imagine what God felt.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....