Wednesday, August 10, 2016

When I am Weak, I am Strong


digital316.net


)
“This is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.For when I a weak then I am strong.” 2 Corinthians 12:10 (NIV)

Paul did not let adverse events get him down. Yes, those who did not like him and others who feared him targeted him. He experienced shipwreck, imprisonment, lack of funds, the wrath of his former fellow believers dedicated to persecuting the followers of Christ, and disbelief of those he once persecuted. He turned those experiences over to God to let Him deal with them.

When I had to go on a restrictive diet two years ago, I was scared. Here is why:
1.) I was not sure it would work or if I could stay on it.
2.) I did not think I would have an easy time finding food I could eat.
3.) I was not sure my family and my friends would understand.

That next Sunday, I was getting ready to go to church. I realized the change this diet would make in my eating habits. I found myself praying, “I can’t do this by myself, Lord. I need You to help me do this.”
            God has helped me follow this meal plan. (A diet has an ending time; a meal plan is life-long)

1.) That Sunday was Communion Sunday. During the serving of the bread, the pastor said, “Gluten-free bread is available if you require it.”

2.) When our son came in from out of state for a visit a few days later, we prepared to go to our friend’s pond and fish. We took my meds for this 
condition and our food. We bought an extra cooler to accommodate our needs.

3.) People at our church know of my diet. I heard of at least four others who are on the same diet, one young girl follows a more restrictive version.

4.) I chose not to attend my 50th-year high school reunion that fall. I had a Facebook friend, a friend from church, and a classmate I ran into at the grocery store said they missed me at that party. When I said the words, ‘restrictive diet’, they all seemed to understand. When I told the Facebook friend, I said, “I am on a gluten-free diet.” She responded that she teaches with a woman who is on the same diet.

God has been with me, working on my behalf, making me stronger in my resolve, my practice, and my relationship with Him.


2 comments:

  1. Our guest speaker used this scripture for her sermon on Sunday, Cecelia. We think we have to exhaust our own strength before turning to God. Such a hard thing to grasp: weakness brings out God's power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning to consult God first. When my friends tell me of a condition that plagues them. I ask if we can pray. I do this on FB and via the phone as well as in person.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...