Monday, May 8, 2017

Interview with Malchus

Image result for Malchus
http://millersportcc.com


Quiet Spirit: Today, we have Malchus with us. 
                       Thank you for coming to see us.

Malchus: Thank you for having me today.

Q.S.: You have a very interesting story to share with
             us. Let’s  get started. Can you tell us a little 
              bit about yourself?

Malchus: I am a servant in Caiaphas’ household. I 
             started in service as a young boy, about eight
            or nine. My duties at that time were working
            with the animals. As I got older, those duties changed.

Q.S.:  How did you meet Jesus?

Malchus: The year I was 20, on the night of Passover, I found myself going in a group of 200 men, some assigned to Caiaphas, who went with Priests and Roman soldiers. It was dark; we carried torches to illumine our way through Jerusalem, up the Mount of Olives, and into the garden Gethsemane.

              As we approached this man Jesus, the one we followed there gave the sign to identify him. Jesus asked who we were looking for. The priest answered. Jesus asked another question and again the priest answered. One of the men with Jesus asked yet another question and suddenly I felt something hit the side of my head. I reached up with my free hand and felt something warm on my skin. Someone near me held his torch closer to me and shouted, “This man is bleeding; his ear has been cut off.”

Jesus chided one who was with him “Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?” He took my severed ear in his hand, placed it against my head; said a few words, and removed his hand. This itinerant preacher, who everyone wanted to die, healed me!

My fellow servants told me which one of the men with Jesus did this to me. Later, after they brought Jesus to my master’s house, I recognized that man. A couple of my friends asked him if he was with the Galilean. Both times, he denied it.

Q.S.: How has your encounter with Jesus affected your life?

Malchus: All I knew about Jesus was what I overheard from Caiaphas, Annas, and the other priests. I really didn’t care for him. That’s why I didn’t mind going in that group to find him that night.

After he healed me, I thought about how he showed compassion to me by taking the time to heal me, someone unworthy. If Jesus had not healed me, I don’t know what my life would have been like. I could have been reduced to a life of begging.  He will always have my thanks.


Q.S.: Thank you, Malchus. It has been nice hearing from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...