Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Give God Glory

http://theschoolofchrist.blogspot.com/2009/05/place-of-shekinah-glory.html


Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his place.
Ascribe to the LORD glory and strength!
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him!
1 Chronicles 16:27-29 (ESV)

The LORD makes all things beautiful. We see His handiwork in the different seasons of the year.
Yes, even that one that I like the least has God’s beauty stamped on it.  He is the source of all our strength and each ray of joy we, His children receive.   

One synonym for ascribe is to give. David tells the Israelites to give to God what belongs to Him, glory, and strength. David then tells the people to bring an offering and present themselves before the LORD.

Each morning, when I awaken, I try to sing the chorus based on Ps. 118:24 “This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Then, I try to thank Him for the gift of that day. There have been some days that, for some reason, I didn’t do this exercise. When I forsake this practice, I notice that day does not go as well.    


We should spend time giving praise to God each time we pray. All we have to do is look around us and thank Him for letting us see His created beauty.

2 comments:

  1. I also love that verse (Ps. 118:24) and say it frequently (sing it too), but haven't tried to do it everyday. I like that idea. What a wonderful way to start the day!!! Thank you for this good thought.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...