Wednesday, July 25, 2018

God Did a Wonderful Thing

My dinner companions, Q.S.W.M.

One of my dear friends had talked about getting a group of women together from our old church, the one we were part of in the latter part of the 20th Century and very early this century. She had talked about doing something like this a couple of years ago but it didn’t work out.

There were seven of us, we ranged in age from the late 50’s up to the mid-80’s.  One lady was invited but she had a doctor’s appointment.  One thing we did was look at an old picture album of pictures of people who went to that church before we started going there. I recognized a lot of the ones I knew from when I went there.

Another thing we did was we each mentioned at least one of the women who went to that church who are now in our cloud of witnesses. Several of us mentioned more than one woman. As each of us spoke a name, the others all agreed.

All seven of us are retired. The organizer thought of some who are employed and of one of whom we are unsure how to contact. One lady, she thought of,

lives in the next county north of us.
God did a wonderful thing when He led me to that little church. He also did a wonderful deed when He led us to our new church where several of these same ladies worship.


God is Good All the Time, All the Time, God is Good

PS. I received a group picture with me in it. I am in the teal at the far end of the group.




2 comments:

  1. I love gathering with old friends as well as making new friends. Sounds like this was a special time with dear friends from your past. So happy you could participate and enjoy this delightful outing. "that cloud of witnesses" tends to keep growing larger all the time, doesn't it? It was nice of your group to remember them...Perhaps they actually were gathered above in a cloud of witnesses and were watching you from afar....and cheering you all on!! We just never know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your thoughts and that wonderful observation. I called the one who organized the gathering and read her your comment. She appreciated what you said. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...