Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The LORD, My Hope

Pixabay. com


For you, O Lord, are my hope,
my trust from my youth.
Upon you I have learned from before my birth;
you are He who took me from my mother’s womb.
My praise is continually of you.
Psalm 71:5-6 (ESV)

The psalmist bares his soul here. What does he say that makes us stop and ponder his words?

“For you, O Lord, are my hope,” The writer tells God that He, the LORD, is his mainstay in life.

“my trust from my youth.” He tells God that He, the One true God, has upheld him from his early years.

“Upon you,
I have learned from before my birth;” God has been speaking to this psalmist from the time he could first hear. Just so you understand, babies can hear before they are born.

“you are He who took me from my mother’s womb.” God appoints the time for the birth process to begin. He is in control of our lives even earlier than the birth process. He determines the color of our eyes, the color of our hair, who we resemble of our parents or grandparents.


“My praise is continually of you.” Our praises should become our watchword and our response to all things that come to our ears and into our lives. If the event affects us in negative ways, it will make us stronger people, if we allow God to teach us the lessons He has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...