Friday, June 7, 2019

Devotion: He is our God

Sallman

    
.

                                But, I trust in you, LORD;
                                     I say, “You are my God.”
                                   My times are in Your hand;
                                  Rescue me from the hand of my
                               enemies and from my persecutors! 
                                     Psalm 31:14-15 (ESV)

David writes these words. He affirms that he trusts God. He tells God that He controls his times. He asks the LORD to rescue him from those who dislike him as well as those who persecute him.

As believers in Christ, are we not to turn the times in our lives, our days, hours, weeks, and months over to the LORD? Are we not supposed to rely on Him to instruct us on how to live our lives and conduct ourselves in times of doubt and stress?

Certain of my friends have been in the middle of stress for a few months. God has been with them during these high-stress days. This is a testimony to those of us who see them. They await the LORD’s working out all the details of the solution of our need.

God loves His people and will work out all things that concern them. I have witnessed God’s work

in what we humans thought were tough situations. In some instances, He made things better than they were. We must trust Him for everything.

Have you seen a circumstance go away or improve after people have prayed about the need?

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the greater triumph is for someone to be sustained in the need rather than to have the need remove. "He gives more grace".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David, you make a very good point. A laity speaker at our church tells us that it is not especially right for us to pray for God to remove the issue from a person's life but to ask God to guide him or her through the time of need. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  2. Yes, we are supposed to turn our worries and stresses over to the Lord, and I know i try to do that, but being human I tend to grab them back when I don't think God is working fast enough to resolve my concerns. Yes, God does give us grace and strength to endure our trials and tribulations, and I am very thankful for that. Without Him and His loving care, I would be a basket case! God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: You are right. We are supposed to turn our worries and stresses over to God. Due to our humanity, however, we tend to take them back. When we think we have things where they should be, something else happens that brings our doubts back to us. That's why it's important to stay close to God at all times. Some of us here went through that yesterday. With God's help, some of us have been able to have a friend get through another chapter of our transition.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...