Friday, June 28, 2019

June Reflections


  
Image result for calendar 2019 june
Bing.com images.
June has been a very busy month. I participated in an interdenominational women’s meeting in our city. A wonderful time with those ladies.

Our friends’ group was small this month, but as usual, we had a great time just being together. We won’t meet again until August.
Our youngest diner

This is me.

Mother of our youngest dinner

Our Eldest diner

The one who gets us together


Our women’s circle met and collected a large number of items needed by a retirement community and assisted living facility in our city. These two entities have a parent organization that was created by several churches in town. These two places are the only locally owned facilities here. Our ladies decided we would collect items they need for this year.

We are preparing for Vacation Bible School. We have a three-day school in the evenings. I was able to attend the planning meeting in mid-June. I handle the registration and attendance. Starting June 30th,  a friend and I will station ourselves at a table in our foyer to pre-register children. I will have a table decorated along the lines of the theme. This is sort of a reminder to the parents to get their children registered ahead of time.

See the source image
Our Theme for this year.

I hope to be able to take pictures of the decorations. Our custodian is working on the decorations. The centerpiece will be an igloo. It requires 400 one gallon plastic milk jugs.  

Our new pastor and his wife have moved into a temporary home across the yard from the church. They surprised us and attended the early worship service on their first Sunday in the area.

 I volunteered to lead Prayer Meeting/Bible Study on one Wednesday night. Before that night came, the chairperson of the Staff-Parish committee asked me if I could do a second Wednesday night. For both planned services, I relied on some blog posts and some thoughts I have for a blog topic for this fall.

Hubby and I plan on spending time with our son down where he lives. This trip is in place of our son coming home for Father’s Day. The rainy weather was a factor at that time. Hubby’s friend from second grade does not seem to be doing well. We plan on seeing him and his wife and possibly his sister and her husband while we are there.

2 comments:

  1. I love to read your reflections. And how nice you are on that pic.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aritha: Thank you. God has been good to me. I can still be fairly active and I enjoy being able to meet with friends. Today, we started pre-registration for Vacation Bible School. A friend and her daughter are working on decorations. The daughter is making an igloo out of 400-1 gallon milk jugs. My friend asked me to save some plastic water bottles for her, she intends to make snowflakes.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...