Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Jesus Prayed in Earnest

See the source image
flickr.com 


And going a little farther he fell on His face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will but as you will.” . . . Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed,” My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done. . .. So, leaving them again, he went away and prayed for a third time, saying the same words again. Matthew 26:39, 42, 44 (ESV)

The time Jesus spent in Gethsemane seems to be a turning point for Him. A close look at the times He spent in prayer that night tells us that He was not certain that He was ready to face the plan that the Father had for Him. (if it be possible, let this cup pass from me) We must remember that Jesus was both man and God.
He pleaded with God to change the path God had laid out for Him (Again, for the second time,),( leaving them again, he went away and prayed for the third time,) However, God didn’t change His plan. All three times, Jesus beseeched the Father to not take His life.
Here Jesus surrendered to the Father’s will. He gave up any claim he had to extend His life on earth to complete the plan God had for Him.

Have you ever prayed in earnest for a perceived need and not received the answer you sought?

Did the answer you wanted eventually come?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...