Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June Reflections

Image result for june calendar 2020 calendar
Shiningmom.com 


Our church re-opened-

June 14, our church family gathered for worship. We have two services each Sunday.
Some of those who had attended the second service decided to attend the first service due to the size limitations. On Father’s Day, the men leading the service all were in casual wear. The pastor, who usually doesn’t tell jokes, told some “dad jokes” which he equated to “bad jokes”. Our Pastor has given us sermons and lessons about the life of Samuel and Eli and his two sons. He has done this in weekly installments throughout the quarantine. These have been quite informative.

Getting photos uploaded to my computer-

I was unaware that my cellphone carrier had stopped supporting the uploading of photos to my computer. I also could not get my digital camera to upload photos. (Just between you and me, I think that was a part of my down spirits this past winter.) That issue is partially resolved. I await the delivery of a micro USB cord(U-8) to be able to get photos uploaded from my digital camera. I believe I finally have that contraption figured out as well.

Updates.

I did get to see the ortho doctor about my ankle and foot. This was the first time I saw him. The two times in early March, I saw a Nurse Practioner.  Somehow, the broken bone in my foot turned out to be two broken bones and that severely sprained ankle turned out to be a hairline fracture. I dreaded going to this appointment because I believed things had not progressed to where they should be. I received a new brace to help stabilize my ankle.
















New Hair-Stylist-

I went to a new hairstylist. I say new because she had never done my hair before.
I knew her from a friend’s shop. She is experienced in her trade and has some of the same concerns about this COVID stuff. Both she and her husband are in the senior citizen age-range, he has some ‘underlying health issues’.

Journaling God’s Attributes-

I have spent time in June reading various scriptures, usually one a day, and journaling my thoughts about that attribute highlighted by the passage. It has helped me through this time of quarantine. These scriptures have greatly blessed me.

Prayer Group Meeting in Person-

The prayer group to which I belong has started meeting in the gazebo at the prayer walk on our church grounds. We meet wearing masks and practicing social distancing. We enjoy seeing God’s beauty in nature and getting to see one another. 

______________

After three days of working with this entry. I am able to get this intact as I had planned it.


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are getting the help you need for your foot/ankle. Sorry to hear it was actually a fracture, but hopefully it is on the mend now. Glad you are figuring out your camera issues. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures when you do! We are planning to start back to church on Sunday. It will be very different, but we will be so happy to be back together again, even if we do have to keep our distance and wear a mask. God will be present with us. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I just went to CVS and bought a 'back-up' ankle stabilizer. The one from the doctor needed some work on it. The camera issue is coming along slowly. Enjoy your worship on Sunday. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...