Thursday, July 29, 2021

We Must Not Forget


 


understandingchristianity.com 




But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.

James 1:25 (NIV)

 

When we practice our faith, we study what God had done for us. Primarily, His deeds are written in His Word. We have evidence that He performed those deeds.

 

Friends of ours had their son and their youngest daughter in the first Gulf War. The mother was not handling it well.  She told me one day that God reminded her of the things He had brought her through in the past. Some people call these reminders, benchmarks.

 

When God presents these benchmarks, we should feel that God has things in control whether it looks like it or not.

 

We all have times when events look out of focus for us. When we have faith in God, we see His hand at work in our lives.  

 

God handles all things to His liking. When we believe that we will receive blessing upon blessing.

6 comments:

  1. I had not heard of that being called benchmarks, but it makes sense. Looking at how God has already helped us gives us faith He is always there for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra: Yes. God is with us 24 hours a day forever. That's what I love about Him.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I suppose those trials are a kind of benchmark in our growth of faith. Every challenge we face helps us to get stronger as we learn to lean more and more on the Lord and learn that He is always there for us, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam: I had a convesation with a dear lady who reminde me that all we go through that is difficult allows us to grow to be more like Jesus. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a benchmark Cecelia, God did it once and He will do it agaiN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: I am sorry to take so long to reply. My hard drive died on me. Yes, I like the idea of benchmarks. Having God remind me of the things He has done for me in the past gives me strength when I face trying times. Peace and blessings to you.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...