Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Faith-Our Lifeline

 

www.youngchristianwarriors.com





Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised

is faithful. Hebrews 10:23 (NKJV)


When a person gives his heart to Jesus, he or she becomes a new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17). God has forgiven that person for his or her sins. This is basic to the Christian belief.


Each new Christian goes through a time when all things are new and bright. However, certain issues enter the new Christians’ life that can cause them to fall away.


The writer of Hebrews tells us we are to hold fast to that which we experienced when we first met Jesus. We are not to waffle in our beliefs or “sit on the fence” about our faith. We are in the world but not of the world. We have a life-line that we can hold onto when we are faced with issues the world puts in our path.


We can hold fast to our beliefs and our salvation because we have the promises of God.



                              



2 comments:

  1. Something like holding on to our first love. Beautiful song Cecelia, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marja: A lady at our church lost her son to COVID back in January. At that time she was recovering from heart surgery. This past Sunday, she told me, "My faith is getting me through this loss." I was so very relieved to hear that. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...