Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Show Humility to All Men

 

IO.wp.com



Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. Titus 3:1-2 (NKJV)


Paul’s words to Titus whom he describes as a “true son in our common faith.”


Paul lays groundwork here for believers to follow.

* To submit to rulers and authorities.

* To not speak badly about anyone.

* To live peaceful lives.

* To show humility to all we know.


Paul makes some very strong points, getting to the core of human relationships. He writes these words to a pastor who is young. Titus faces a huge task, that of establishing churches.


As we go through our days, we must follow these words of guidance from Paul. We are tasked to helping enlarge the kingdom of God, however, we must learn to daily practice gentleness.


This is a very difficult thing to do. Recently, I received a phone call from a friend who lives in my neighborhood. She wanted my advise on something. She told me her feelings on an issue and I told her that if she felt uncomfortable doing what she was asked, then maybe she should not do it. She had some good reasons about why she felt the way she did. I could have been more gentle about certain related issues she spoke of. I intend to be more careful in the future.


Do we always find ways to show humility to those around us?


4 comments:

  1. This is certainly not an easy thing to do, we can always be more gentle, I am sure. I am confident your friend understood you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't show the humility we should to others on a regular basis. Something I need to continue to work on.
    Blessings, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha: I believe we all need to work on showing humility to those around us. If I feel frustrated about something, I can't always feel humble about things. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marja: Yes, it is sometimes difficult to be gentle. We have to rely on the LORD to guide us in what to respond to those who seem to always try to keep things stirred up. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...