Friday, October 7, 2022

God’s Purpose

 

blogspost.com



” Now my soul is troubled and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose, I came to this hour. Father glorify Your Name." John 12:27-28a (NKJV)


Here Jesus speaks to God from His humanity. His soul is troubled. He knows what lays ahead for Him, yet He fears the separation from His Father that He has to endure.


Jesus Christ knew God had led Him to this point in His ministry. He asks the question if he should ask God to save Him from that hour.


However, Jesus realized and stated that what He was about to go through was God’s plan and purpose.


Our God has plans and purposes for each of us. In researching God’s purpose for our lives, we begin to see His plan unfold for each of us.


1. Keep in touch with God through prayer.

2. Study His Word (Read the Bible)

3. Apply what you read to our hearts.


I have had a terrible time getting onto the internet this afternoon. I spent almost an hour and five phone calls to my carrier. I had to go pick up some things at the dry cleaners. I was online when I returned. We had supper and I could not get back online again. I had to switch browsers in order to get this posted. I also had to get a new password. I believe there is a message in this. At the moment, I am unsure what that message is.

Husband knows to not ask any questions or cross my path when things like this happen. I get very upset.



2 comments:

  1. It's always frustrating when our technology fails us, Cecelia. I'm glad things finally worked out so that you could post this lovely reflection.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha: Thank you for your kind comment. I believe the LORD is in this change of browsers.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...