Friday, November 11, 2022

Thanksgiving

 

Pinterest


Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,

And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name. Psalm 100:4 (NKJV)


This verse is from a chapter in Psalms we had to memorize when I was in the fifth grade. I always think on this chapter during the month of November.

Each of God’s children must be thankful for no other reason than they belong to God. God blesses, (inward joy is theirs), us because He chooses to.


Each week at the beginning of that week’s journal thoughts, I list things I am thankful for, I call these pages, “Praise More.” This exercise helps me keep in mind who He is and what He does for me.


Do we ever take the time to thank God for bringing us through to another day? We must because each day we have is a gift from Him.


Do we remember to give thanks to Him for His watch care over us? Have we ever barely missed being involved in a car wreck because of something that kept us from being where we could have been severely injured?


Do we realize that God is our protector at all times during our life? He knew us in our unformed state (Psalm 139:16) and watched over us even before we knew Him.


All we can do in return is give thanks and praise Him for who He is.

6 comments:

  1. Let us always give God thanks and praise for all He has done and is doing in our lives.
    Blessings, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember memorizing this Psalm in school also. Not sure which year, but I do remember it. They don't do that in public schools anymore. I am thankful that I grew up in a small town with Christian values. We didn't realize how blessed we were at the time. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha: We must give thanks each day. We have so many things to be thankful for. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam: I am thankful that I grew up in a time when Christian values were taught in our homes and modeled in our schools. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more I focus on the things I am thankful for, the less I worry about other things. Good post Cecelia, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marja: I believe you have a wonderful philosophy in these words. More people should learn to focus on what God has given them and less on what they want but don't have. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...