Monday, January 23, 2023

My Word of the Year for 2023 (January Link-up)

 

Each month on the 23rd, I will be posting thoughts about my word for this year.


A. WHERE IS MY WORD?

I have seen my word in my devotional reading.


And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another. Even as God, in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4: 32(NKJV) 


Several years ago, I was preparing a Sunday school lesson and was caught up by this verse. Last fall, I realized that I may have done somethings that I needed to be forgiven for.


Where can you put it so you can see it more often?  I am unsure of where I could post this in my home. Maybe in the front of my journal. I will search out a place and let you know.


 

B. WHAT DOES MY WORD LOOK LIKE?

 

What does your word look like to you? I am not an artist, and my phone camera is stubborn.

Imagine with me the following scene:

Jesus standing beside me with his arm around my shoulder and smiling down on me.


That is what my word looks like to me.

 

C. WHY THIS WORD?

 

Why did you choose this word?


I realize that I am a sinner—a sinner saved by grace. This is very important to my spiritual life. I cannot be judgmental about what others do. I am responsible for my own behavior. When I go to stand before Jesus, I want to be able to say that I led the life He wanted me to lead.

6 comments:

  1. Amen, Cecelia! My word is "mindful."
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha: Good word. We all have to be mindful of what God wants and mindful of others. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  2. A good reminder that we are all sinners saved by grace! I'm so glad God forgives and loves us so much. I couldn't stop with one word this year. I chose abide and then to go with it, savor. Learning to abide in Christ and savor the moments of my day. Blessings to you! I'm your neighbor at the #oneword2023 linkup with Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayl: Thank you for your thoughtful comments. Yes, we need to abide in Christ. Thank you for making yourself known to me.

      Delete
  3. God knew that we'd need reminders to forgive each other (and ourselves) frequently in order to stay healthy. I'm currently on my own journey to forgive someone who has hurt me deeply. It's not easy, but I know it's best. I'll enjoy your posts this year as an encouragement to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Since I chose this word, I find myself asking God's forgiveness every time I begin to pray. I substituted teaching my Sunday school a week ago Sunday. I mentioned my Word Of The Year and we had a short discussion about forgiving others and sometimes having to ask God to forgive them for us. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...