Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Forgive Others

 

Patsy York 



For if you forgive men their trespasses,

your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

But, if you do not forgive men their trespasses,

neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6:14-15 (NKJV)


Words of Jesus.


These verses appear at the end of the Lord’s Prayer. In that prayer Jesus, modeled for his disciples, asks God to “… forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.” Some translations say “Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.”


The message Jesus gives us here is the importance of forgiving. One synonym for forgive is excuse; another one is over look. In finances, when a bill is forgiven it is canceled.1.

When God forgives one of His children of a sin, He never thinks of that issue again. I believe it would be very nice if people could emulate Him and forget the error when someone in their life messes up and they express their sorrow.

 When God forgives one of His children of a sin, He never thinks of that issue again. I believe it would be very nice if people could emulate Him and forget the error when someone in their life messes up and they express their sorrow.


The graphic at the top of this post graced one of the tables at our church's Easter breakfast.  I took pictures of several of them to use here on my blog.


1. New World Dictionary Webster’s







14 comments:

  1. Aw, this math always gets me. Amazing how our God can easily forgive us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux: Yes, it amazes me that God would do this for each of us. No matter what we have done. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to be forgiven, Cecelia? It brings such freedom. beautiful song, by the way. PS: Can you change the settings of your blog so the letters get larger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Yes, it is wonderful to know that God loves us so much that He forgives us for our sins. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. To forgive someone is to set him or her free, and to set ourselves free as well. May we be quick to both forgive and forget, Cecelia.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: That is a good prescription for us to follow. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  4. I appreciate Corrie ten Boom’s description of forgiveness: God throws our sins into the depths of the sea and puts up a NO FISHING sign!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele: I always appreciate Corrie's thoughts. Thank you for reminding me of this one. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. We must forgive to be forgiven

    OneWord #5

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb: Yes, we have to forgive others in order for God to forgive us. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgiveness is a lifelong experiment that we get lots of opportunities to practice, on both sides of it. :) I'm grateful for God forgiving me; may I do likewise to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: There was a mix-up at church yesterday, I was said I would do children's message during the main service. The pastor didn't know that I was ready to give it. After the service, I told him, "Pastor, I have to forgive you." We got it straightened out. That is just one time I had to forgive someone this year. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...