Thursday, April 20, 2023

God, Our Foundation

 

ifci.org





For You are my rock and my fortress;

Therefore, for Your name’s sake,

Lead me and guide me.

Psalm 31:3 (NKJV)


Words of David


David states again that God is his rock and fortress. This is David’s way of stating that God is his foundation and his strong defense.


All of know that when someone builds a house, footing has to be poured and a foundation has to be laid. These are basic to the stability of the structure. For certain careers, training and education has to be sought. Likewise, these basic steps are required to insure those working in those fields are knowledgeable.


David is asking for God to lead him and to guide him through whatever life brings to him.

Each of us believers in Jesus must seek God’s leading and guidance each day. This is a practice I need to learn to do each day. I believe I must do this in order to please Him and to allow me to stay closer to God as my day goes on.


During the COVID lock-down, I developed some bad habits. What I have learned through this past Lenten season is that I really have to do better about my daily schedule. I NEED to be on a schedule in order to get things done. Please pray for me that I am able to get a plan to get some things done that will help me conquer a weight problem and find a way to get some exercise into my routine.



4 comments:

  1. We all need God's guidance daily for a variety of reasons. Yes, bad habits, or just feelings of insecurity or not knowing the best way to proceed in situations at times...I know I am so thankful for being able to go to "the Rock of my salvation" for help and guidance in time of need. Have a blessed and wonderful week. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Yes, we all need God's guidance each day. I am thankful that He hears my prayers and acts on my requests. I received an answer to one specific one just this morning. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I think most of us fell into some dismal habits during covid, Cecelia. I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for your prayers, May God continue to bless you and give you and your peace.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...