Tuesday, June 6, 2023

May Reflections

 




Good Weather, Off and On

Mostly, we have had sunshine and warm temperatures. I have had some afternoons of “porch time”. I have seen work being done on two houses across the street from us. One of them was abandoned in July of 2021. I have prayed about that house for quite sometime. It was one of the nicest houses on our street. I didn’t know the other one was empty until I saw a huge dumpster being delivered. There was activity at this second house almost every day. Presently, the first house is receiving a lot of attention.

Reading

I received a book to review early in the month. I managed to read it in a bit over a week. I posted mu review on Saturday. I also am rereading a book I reviewed and liked very much. 


Things Around My Home

Hubby was under the weather for a while this past month. Unable to sleep, digestive issues, heartburn. So, I have been quiet around here. When the weather is nice (sunshiny) I spend time on my porch. When I can’t get out there, I spend time reading and on my computer. Our son was supposed to come in for Mother’s Day weekend. But, on that Saturday, he called rather early for him and said he wasn’t feeling well. He asked if we could have our celebration the next weekend.

I went to the ER with Hubby on Memorial Day night. He chose to go because of lower tract inactivity, and allied issues. They seemed more concerned about his excessively high sugar level.  He admitted to them that he had spells of anxiety. He could not undergo the imaging they felt they needed to do.  All these things and very little sleep. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM.

Blog

I enjoy writing my blog. Last month, I chose to write about a Biblical passage rather than a verse. It was rather long but I received a lovely comment from one of my readers. In another post, I mentioned something about a prayer group at our church; the numbers are down at the moment. One of the comments went so far as to say that if we were on Skype, the person would like to join us. I appreciate the thought.


Other Things


I was able to attend the ecumenical women’s group I try to meet with. We learned that the group’s program lady has stage 4 cancer. Just a few months ago spots were found on one of her major organs. This news affected everyone present. Please pray for Connie M. and her family.


A young mother, named Vanessa, who, at one time, had lived across the street from my best friend posted on Facebook that her 2 ½ year old son had been in an accident. The doctors declared the little boy to be brain dead. The family has chosen to donate the boy’s organs. My friend’s one grandson saw the post and called my friend and she called me. Neither of us could get the mother off our minds that night. My friend had taken this mother and her sisters to the Wednesday night Kids program when they were young. When the family moved, the girls still came to the Wednesday night children’s activities.

I have been praying for a friend’s best friend for several months. He went to heaven a few days before Mother’s Day. He was taken because he had a post-COVID syndrome. I knew his parents from our former church.

8 comments:

  1. I am praying your hubby is well and for the other prayer needs you wrote about in this post. Our church has a prayer meeting once a month and about 5 people show up including me. Group prayer is very powerful and God loves when we gather in his name. Thank you for your post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra: Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate the prayers for my Hubby. At church, we are seeing prayers being answered Feel free to stop in here any time you can. Peace and blessings to you and yours..

      Delete
  2. So very sorry to hear about your husband's illness. I hope they are able to figure out what is going on and get some help for him. Praying. Also so very sad about the little boy who was in an accident and has died. My heart breaks for that mother and father and family. Praying for them, and your other friends who are ill. I love hearing about the two houses on your street that are being renovated. I hope that will be a boon to your neighborhood and bring in some nice new neighbors eventually. PRaying with you about these things. Have a blessed day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kindness. It means a lot to me. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Prayers lifted for your husband, Cecelia, and for your friends who are going through losses at this time. Please keep us posted on how your husband is doing.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for your prayers. Things seem to be the same. God is in control. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  4. Oh Cecelia, I am sorry to hear you had to go to the ER with your husband, I pray and hope he is feeling much better by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Things remain the same with Hubby. Thank you for your prayers. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...