Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Meditate

 




My eyes are awake through the night watches, that I may meditate on Your word. Psalm 119:148 (NKJV)


The psalmist and a lot of us have the same issue here. An inability to sleep. He uses that time to meditate on God’s word.


Sometimes, I think of words that describe God. I try to do this exercise in alphabetical order.


Other times, I think of the many things that He had done for me for which I am thankful, those things that we sometimes take for granted. My mental list includes fans and air conditioners(in the summertime), a roof that doesn’t leak, central heat (in the winter time), food for my special diet, an enclosed porch where I can sit when it is nice outside. My husband who loves me, a son who also loves me.


I have had times when a hymn plays through my head and stays for a while. Some days, that hymn is with me when I awake.

God has been very generous to us, His children.

6 comments:

  1. I need to remember to count my blessings when I am wide awake during the night. Oftentimes I am awake because of stresses going on in my life or around me and I am afraid that I focus too much on that instead of what God has already done for me. I need to remind myself of God's mercies and grace when I am feeling stressed. Oh, I love having a hymn in my mind and heart. Yes, that is very comforting to me. Thank you for this post. It is a good reminder to me of how I should spend my waking hours throughout the night when they happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Yes, we need to count our blessings every day and, if need be, every night. Stress in not good for us. We need to "Count (y)our blessings, name them one by one. See what the Lord has done." (I love that hymn). You are a blessing to me. Peace and blessings to you any yours.

      Delete
  2. Indeed! I couldn't be more grateful for God's generosity and faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux G. We must be thankful for God's attributes that make Him who He is. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. He has been good indeed, actually... he is good, a good good Father. I like your musings today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Yes, God has been good to all His children. Thank you for your kindness. Peace and blessings to you and yours

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

August Reflections

  lacyazorleepages,dev Getting Back in the Swing of Things I thought I found myself getting back to feeling like doing some things....