Thursday, August 31, 2023

How A Friend Sees Forgiveness Part One

 

Albrecht Durer

I took my best friend out to lunch to celebrate her birthday. (It was almost two weeks earlier.)

I had printed off the questions about my word and forewarned her I needed help with something. Here are the questions and her answers.


What does the word forgiveness mean to you?

God forgives us and renews us.


What do you think is the opposite of forgiveness?

Unforgiving or hard-hearted.


Do you think about the word forgiveness rarely or often?

Every
day, I ask God to forgive me.


Where does the word forgiveness pop up in your everyday life?

I think of this in prayer and living with others. It is a daily practice.


Can you give me any suggestions for better experiencing or practicing the word forgiveness?

Read God’s Word. Study devotional books. Talk to God and see what He tells you.


The instructions I received were to ask a couple of friends their thoughts on my word. I haven’t seen anyone but this lady. I will be asking another friend when I see her. Hence the designation of “Part One”

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to celebrate your friend and talk about forgiveness at the same time! Forgiveness is one of those words that we think about often (even if we struggle to practice it as often, lol). I love how your friend tied forgiveness with renewal. So true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa notes: Thank you for your kind words. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

JOY

  For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NK...