Thursday, October 12, 2023

Be Kind

 



Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving, one another, even as God forgave you.

Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)


Words of Paul: What is he telling us?


Be kind We are supposed to treat others as we want to be treated. (Luke 6:31)


tenderhearted Sometimes, this is difficult to do. However, the Apostle Peter tells us to be compassionate toward each other, not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling. (1 Peter 3:8-9)


Forgiving We sometimes need to choose to forgive our Christian brother or sister and even those who aren’t. I admit, there are times this can be difficult. We must learn to forgive. When we forgive another person, we let go of our hurt. When we forgive, the action is for our good.


even as God, through Christ, forgave you.


When we forgive another person, we model Christ to them. That other person may remember what we did or how we acted at that time. It may bring them closer to Christ.


As I sit here thinking about how I could come across to those I meet, I realize that my thoughts are not always nice. I had an occasion to tell someone today that I was not happy with their phone tree. It told me a prescription for my husband would be ready this past Monday. Today is Thursday and they still don’t have it. None of their other stores have that item either.


Sometimes, what I want to say to someone would come across as rude, angry and downright mean. I don’t mean to be that way but I get upset that things don’t go according to “clockwork”.


My one comment to her that brought a smile to her face was: “You need to put your phone tree in time out for telling lies.”


Please keep us in your prayers.



6 comments:

  1. I love your comment about the "phone tree in time out for telling lies". That's a good one!! I'm sure she got a giggle out that which helped brighten her hectic day. This was a great post with some very thoughtful points we need to consider!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I thought I responded to your comment earlier. I was border line upset on my way to being angry. Jim seems to always get very edgy when they can't fill his prescriptions. I get drawn into his edginess very easily. This is something I have to work on. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. What I'm finding to be most troubling now, Cecelia, is how do we forgive the monsters of Hamas for slaughtering innocents in Israel? Only God can help me to reconcile this conflict in my heart and mind. That adds a level of forgiveness I've yet to face.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: I understand. All this is heartbreaking. We have to trust God to deal with that behavior. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. I can relate to your frustration with the pharmacies, Cecelia. Forgiveness is needed on a daily basis! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Sometimes, for me, it is needed more often than that. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

WORSHIP SONGS

VICTORY IN JESUS An old hymn with a different voice. A new song. Our praise band played and sang it. Jesus Strong and Kind This is one I rea...